A Foodie Friday which is also a ‘ahhhh need some training treats for this weekend’. I love when mum has those moments. A really easy treat to put together in a hurry and really yummy (just ask my Sheltie friend Kelly who managed to get through the zipper of mum’s backpack, a plastic bag and then the plastic container that these treats were in to snaffle the WHOLE lot one day before training…. Impressive).
So what you need from the fridge or cupboard:
* 1 large tin of salmon
* 1 1/2 cups of precooked brown rice (you can use other rice but mum thinks this brown stuff is a bit healthier or something).
* 1/2 cup of grated carrot
* 2 eggs
What you do with it all:
* firstly preheat the oven to 160oC
* then get out a flat baking tray and line with baking paper… Easier to clean up later.
* put the salmon, rice and carrot in a bowl and mix them together.
* add the eggs and mix in throughly.
* pour the mixture into the baking tray and flatten out so 1 1/2 to 2 cm high.
* pop in the over for about 20 mins (allowed to check on it between ball throwing and scratches).
* once it has cooled cut it into about 1cm square pieces and you are ready to go.
A super easy way to have some yummy (important for me) and healthy (mum looking after me) training treats.
Don’t forget to check out other Foodie Friday Recipes at the Recipe Book and if you want to keep up with Foodie Friday or other 1st World Dog happenings just subscribe over on the side.
Have a great Friday!